Registration Fees & Policies
Download Registration Form - -> (.PDF Format)
Registration fees are non-refundable and are as follows:
Three & Four Year Olds: $75 registration fee
- 2013-14 Tuition: $1741/school year or 5 payments of $357.00
- School day is from 8:30am–12:00pm on Tuesday and Thursday
Four & Five Year Olds: $75 registration fee
- 2013-14 Tuition: $2647/school year or 5 payments of $529.40
- School day is from 8:30am–12:00pm on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
Enrollment is made by registration, which begins in January for the following year. The Non-Refundable Registration Fee, which is not applied toward the tuition, and the registration forms are submitted at this time to ensure placement.
Due to budgetary constraints, in the unanticipated event that BOTH classes are not filled to full enrollment, the preschool board reserves the right to cancel both classes offered and the entire registration fee will be refunded, unless all parents are willing to pay a higher tuition fee.
Good Shepherd Preschool offers children of all backgrounds a loving and caring preschool experience. As a nonprofit organization, Good Shepherd Preschool admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at this school. Students of any religious affiliation are welcome. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship programs and other school-administered programs (IRS Non-Discriminatory Policy Statement).
Our complete handbook with registration forms is available here, or the registration form alone is available for download above, or both can be mailed by request anytime. Our policy is to give first preference to current families, next to alumni, and then to the general public. A typical registration schedule would be:
- January 1: Registration opens for current families, with 1/2 of the registration fee required to retain a space. Handbooks and registration forms are available on the website.
- January 15: Registration opens to alumni families, members of the Good Shepherd congregation, and the general public. Forms from alumni and congregation families (with full fees paid) that are received on or before this date have priority over those of the general public, and are prioritized according to the date received. On this one day only, forms/fees received from alumni families and congregation families have priority over those of current families who have not already registered.
- January 16: Paid registrations received on or after this date are awarded spaces on a first come/first served basis with no preference to alumni, congregation or current families.
- February 9: Current families are reminded that the second registration installment is due.
- February 16: Final 1/2 of the registration fee must be received for current families.
***Registration fees are non-refundable***
“Cleaning Reimbursements” are available as a way to reduce tuition costs by cleaning the preschool on a regular basis throughout the year. There is a tuition rebate of $15.00 per cleaning which takes approximately 1½ hours.
Please indicate your interest on the registration form. These work reimbursements are awarded by lottery or by alternating schedules, depending on the number of families interested. Often some form of payment plan can be arranged once a need is identified. Please alert the registrar or treasurer.
Good Shepherd Preschool understands that the expense of preschool can be a strain on a family’s budget. Helping eligible families reduce their cost through scholarships is an important part of our program. We strive to keep our tuition as low as possible while continuing to provide a high-quality preschool program.
Scholarships will be awarded based upon need and may provide up to 50% of total tuition cost. The family is responsible for providing the remaining tuition, due on the dates outlined in the preschool parent handbook. Applications are received by the preschool treasurer, who will then submit anonymous versions of the applications to the scholarship committee for review. All personal financial documents provided during the application process will remain confidential and be destroyed after scholarships are awarded.
The application review process will begin March 30th. If you would like to apply, please submit the following:
- Scholarship application, with the supporting documentation requested.
- Preschool registration forms (note that the registration fee for scholarship applicants is temporarily waived until scholarship awards have been made. The $75 registration fee will then be due upon acceptance of the scholarship and enrollment in the program.)
The application can either be dropped off at the preschool in the Treasurer’s mailbox or mailed to:
Good Shepherd Preschool
Attn: Scholarship Application
Jericho, VT 05465
A qualifying family will have one week to confirm registration in the Good Shepherd program after being notified that a scholarship will be awarded. If you have any further questions, please contact the Preschool Board Chair or Treasurer.
Download Scholarship Application - -> (.PDF Format)